So if you know me, you know I am the pickiest eater EVER. So when it comes to healthy foods, I really don’t like much. Being a busy college student who is working full time, I also need recipes to be pretty quick and easy. So these muffins (along with many of the recipes I will be posting) are nearly guaranteed to be the easiest, healthy snack ever! This particular recipe is pretty simple (you throw all the ingredients in a blender and the batter is done!) so it is very easy to tweak a little bit so feel free to experiment with it to your preferences as well.
These babies are also gluten free, grain free, high in protein, AND delicious. What more could you want😛
5 Ingredient Protein Muffins
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 over ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tbsp honey (if you are using regular peanut butter, which contains added sugar, skip on the honey)
- Chocolate Chips – top the batter with mini chocolate chips or STIR in dark chocolate for an added sweetness!
- 1-1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 scoop of protein powder of your choice (I used Quest Nutrition’s vanilla protein powder – they also have one solely for baked goods!)
- Preheat oven @ 400 degrees
- Place ingredients in blender (I used my nutri-bullet) and blend until well mixed
- Pour batter into greased muffin tin (I greased mine with coconut oil)
- Bake for ~9 to 14 minutes (mine took about 12)
- Let cool & enjoy!
It’s THAT easy! Hope you guys enjoy! If you tried out this recipe please comment or tag me in your posts because I always love to know how you guys liked them! Comment or DM me on Instagram (@TyeFitness) if you have any questions.