My most recent healthier banana bread recipe finally up on the blog for you all.
As you all know, I’m always looking for healthier alternatives to my favorite foods & banana bread is always top of the list! This banana bread is just around ~200 calories per slice & its super easy to adjust the recipe for your taste or for those who are vegan/gluten free! Recipe is below:
Healthy Banana Bread
* ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
* ½ cup honey
* 2 eggs
* 1+ cup mashed ripe bananas
* ¼ cup milk of choice
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* ½ teaspoon salt
* ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1¾ cups whole wheat flour
* Alternatives: extra-virgin olive oil for coconut oil, maple syrup for honey, water or almond milk for milk. Optional: Chocolate chips, nuts, anything you’d like!
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees & grease loaf pan.
2. Beat oil and honey in bowl with whisk.
3. Add eggs, beat well.
4. Whisk in bananas & milk.
5. Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, and whisk to blend.
6. Stir in the flour with a spoon until just combined.
7. Pour the batter into pan and sprinkle with cinnamon/nuts/ect.
8. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes & let cool (mine took 60)
Hope you all enjoy & comment or DM me on Instagram with any questions!